Dr Nneka Abulokwe, OBE, FAPM, FBCS
Dr Abulokwe is the Founder of MicroMax Consulting. She is an experienced independent non executive board director, committee chair, board advisor and public speaker.
Nneka is a renowned specialist in technology (tech), digital, governance and ESG, for each of which she has been the recipient of some of the highest awards and recognitions of excellence. She is passionate about the intelligent use of technologies such as Cyber, Artificial Intelligence (AI) blended with modern governance to enable growth, international expansion and business efficiency. She brings this depth of experience, and the richness of novel and well-informed insights to a range of geographically dispersed clients in Europe, Asia, The Middle East, USA and Africa.
Her career has been underpinned by well thought out evidence-based research which has impacted working practices in governance, tech and digital services for multinational establishments.
She undertook pioneering research exploring the pivotal role of people and governance in the outsourcing of technology and digital services, earning her a Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) from Cranfield University School of Management, UK.
Nneka is an independent non executive director (INED) of the private equity backed Davies Group; INED Capita PLC; a Member of the International Advisory Board of Cranfield University, School of Management and a member of the board of visitors The Ashmolean Museum, University of Oxford. She was previously an External Member of the University of Cambridge Audit and Risk Committee.
Nneka provides strategic counsel to a select group of corporate and public sectors clients.
Nneka recognises the importance of bolstering the confidence and prospects of our younger generation, and is a very proud mentor and role model for a diverse group of professionals at different stages in their career.
Her aim is to help them enrich their lives and to inspire their imaginations.
- Awarded Officer, of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) for Services to Business, 2019, by Queen Elizabeth II
- Awarded Doctor of Science (Honoris Causa), Cranfield University, for Services to Business and Industry
- Listed in the Powerlist, 100 Most Influential Black Leaders, UK 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023
- RED top 5 Women Changing the Face of Tech 2020
- Ranked 9th Financial Times & EMpower 100 Ethnic Minority Executives List 2018
- Finalist, Governance Professional of the year, 2018, The Governance Institute, U.K.
- Ranked 4th in 2019 Financial Times Top 100 most influential tech leaders
- Awarded Fellow, The Association for Project Management (FAPM)
- Awarded Fellow, The IT Institute, The BCS (FBCS)
- Liveryman, The Worshipful Company of Information Technologists
- Freeman, City of London
- Featured, Nigerian Women Who Have Made History, 2022.
Dr Abulokwe is a compelling media subject matter expert and international public speaker. She speaks on emerging technologies; digital; modern governance and the value of diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I).
Return to the top