Dr Nneka Abulokwe, OBE, FAPM, FBCS
Dr Abulokwe is the Founder of MicroMax Consulting. She is an independent non executive board director, board advisor and public speaker. Her specialties lie at the intersection of technology (tech), digital, governance and diversity, equity & inclusion (DE&I) for each of which she has been the recipient of some of the highest awards and recognitions of excellence. She is passionate about the intelligent use of technology and modern governance to foster organisational cohesion and drives positive digital cultures.
Nneka has enjoyed an extensive and rewarding executive career delivering innovative solutions to a broad range of geographically dispersed clients in Europe, Asia, Asia Pacific, USA and Africa. She brings this depth of experience, and the richness of novel and well-informed perspectives to her clients.
Her career has been underpinned by well thought out evidence-based research which has impacted working practices in governance, tech and digital services.
She undertook pioneering research exploring the pivotal role of people and governance in the outsourcing of technology and digital services, earning her a Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) from Cranfield University School of Management, UK.
Nneka is an independent non executive director (INED) of the private equity backed Davies Group; INED Capita PLC; an External Member of the University of Cambridge, Audit and Risk Committee, and a Member of the International Advisory Board of Cranfield University, School of Management.
She provides strategic counsel to a select group of corporate and public sectors clients.
Nneka recognises the importance of bolstering the confidence and prospects of our younger generation, and is a very proud mentor and role model for a diverse group of professionals at different stages in their career.
Her aim is to help them enrich their lives and to inspire their imaginations.
- Awarded Officer, of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) for Services to Business, 2019, by Queen Elizabeth II
- Awarded Doctor of Science (Honoris Causa), Cranfield University, for Services to Business and Industry
- Listed in the Powerlist, 100 Most Influential Black Leaders, UK 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023
- RED top 5 Women Changing the Face of Tech 2020
- Ranked 9th Financial Times & EMpower 100 Ethnic Minority Executives List 2018
- Finalist, Governance Professional of the year, 2018, The Governance Institute, U.K.
- Ranked 4th in 2019 Financial Times Top 100 most influential tech leaders
- Awarded Fellow, The Association for Project Management (FAPM)
- Awarded Fellow, The IT Institute, The BCS (FBCS)
- Liveryman, The Worshipful Company of Information Technologists
- Freeman, City of London
- Featured, Nigerian Women Who Have Made History, 2022.
Dr Abulokwe is a compelling media subject matter expert and international public speaker. She speaks on emerging technologies; digital; modern governance and the value of diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I).
Return to the top